Carved signs are some of the most desirable signs available for a variety of businesses, including hotels, restaurants, and more. They’re also popular with homeowners looking for a unique way to decorate their property.
Engraved carved signs are unique, in that they are informative to viewers not only because of their design elements, but also because the style of sign says something about the business’s character. Carved signs in NJ can be made to look more personal and homey with a simple monochromatic design that accentuates the wooden material, or more modern with colored graphics added to a synthetic sign material.
No matter what kind of business you need it for, a carved sign is a great way to convey the kind of personal care you take with your customers. Contact Blue Dot Signs today for a quote.
Carved Sign Materials and Uses
Carved signs can be made into any number of sign styles, from large storefront signs to small directional signs. Their extremely sturdy construction and three-dimensional lettering and graphics options make them ideal for any kind of custom signage.
They’re available in both natural and synthetic materials:
- Wood – Wood signs are most often thought of when it comes to carved signs. We offer engraved wooden signs in oak or cedar since they’re both naturally resistant to pests, water damage, and other common sources of degradation that signs face. A custom wooden sign is especially popular with those seeking more handcrafted, rustic, or unique looking signage.
- Synthetic – High-density urethane (HDU) is a lower-cost synthetic alternative that carved signs are also made of. It’s easier to carve into specific, more highly detailed shapes and designs and is even more durable than natural wood. If you’re making a sign more interested in conveying information than an ambiance, like a directory sign, HDU is something to consider.
If you’re not sure what makes the most sense for your sign design, let us know as we’re happy to consult with you and provide you with more information the benefits of each material.
Engraved Sign Detailing
We offer a number of high quality finishing details for carved signs of any material to accentuate your design’s appeal and set your sign apart. Some of these options include:
- Sandblasting – Sandblasted signs have greater texture and accentuated wood grain compared to other signs.
- Hand Painting – Hand painted signs feature completely unique designs and can improve the visibility of your sign with contrasting colors.
- Gold Leaf – The addition of some gold detailing brightens up a sign’s design and adds a level of refinement to your business.
Let us know what you want your sign to look like, and we can suggest these and many other options for fabricating exactly what you want.
Carved Sign Installation Options
Some options for sign display include:
- Swinging – A swinging sign can convey a homey, more personable atmosphere. Blade signs and door signs are often installed as swinging signs.
- Sign Post – Yard signs and welcome signs in front of a business can be securely attached to a custom sign post that matches the aesthetic of the sign.
- Wall – For storefront signs at a business’s entrance or for indoor wall signs, one of the most practical installation methods is simply bolting the sign to the wall.
Because carved signs are usually denser and thus heavier, it’s recommended that you allow us at Blue Dot Signs to install yours for you.
Order Custom Engraved Signs Today!
The particular kind of sturdiness and ambiance that carved signs convey to your potential customers can’t be replicated with any other kind of sign.
If you’re thinking about ordering a carved sign for your business or just interested in finding out more about them, please contact Blue Dot Signs today at email@example.com. We have designed and fabricated some of the finest carved signs in the New Jersey area.
Frequently Asked Questions About Carved Signs
Yes. Our artists are experienced sign painting, and will make sure that your completely unique hand-painted sign looks professional, personal, and reflective of your business.
Yes. With finishing options like painting and sandblasting, HDU can mimic the look of natural wood for a lower cost.
Yes. However, to prevent weather damage, it’s important to have outdoor wood signs weather treated. Natural wood is especially vulnerable to damage from moisture, which can cause warping, rotting, and cracking, if the water freezes.
Yes. We can easily match almost any color, even if it’s custom, and reproduce any graphics needed for your sign.
If you’re not sure whether your area requires you to file a permit or follow certain regulations for signage display, we can help. We offer permit filing services and will look up local regulations to make sure that you can display your carved sign in a safe and code compliant manner.
Yes. Whether your sign is large, needs to be installed in a hard to reach area, or you don’t have the expertise to install it yourself, we can help.
A soft, non-abrasive cloth can be used to remove any debris. A soft-bristled brush can be used for carved areas that can’t be reached with a cloth.
We’re able to achieve very precisely shaped signs and designs as well as professional finishing details like drilled holes using computer numerical control (CNC) router cutting. A computer controls the cutting process, producing a CNC carved sign that is more defined and accurate than hand cutting.
Both the natural and synthetic materials used to make carved signs are long-lasting and durable. This means that your sign will last years to come, especially if properly maintained.
We use cedar and oak wood specifically because they’re resistant to many types of damage and are easy to shape into custom designs. Their general strengths include cedar’s resistance to pests due to the resins present in it, and oak’s resistance to rot because it’s so hard.